CONTROLLING HEALTH COSTS
Meridian’s primary goal is to improve your employee’s healthcare experience while helping to control medical cost. These goals are not mutually exclusive. We fully understand that good health is not about spending more money, but about spending the money in the
right place. Not surprisingly, managing costs and improving health go hand in hand. Here are the basic
steps that Employers can take to improve employee satisfaction with healthcare, and to reduce the cost of that care:
1. Meridian Private Health emphasizes primary care. Intimate primary care keeps people out of
hospitals. One night in a hospital can cost $5,000. Our physicians are dedicated to the total well-being of our clients and this includes avoiding excessive emergency room and hospital visits that are not necessary.
Simply having a personal doctor that will respond to phone calls and urgent concerns promptly is enough to dramatically drop ER visits and hospitalizations.
Preferably, bring a clinic on-site at your organization. If that’s not possible, give employees easy access to their physician’s clinic. Costs drop by about one-third when your own primary care doctors and their staff become the front end of the medical system.1
2. Get serious about chronic diseases. The experts agree that the 80-20 rule applies in health care, that 80% of the costs are incurred by 20% of the people, those with chronic disease conditions.2 Meridian Private Health members have access to full health assessment to measure their risk factors. Armed with this information they can truly partner with their new private physician to take these risk and health problems head on, preventing illness and improving well being. Meridian Private Health physicians are trained to recognize this “20%” and will dedicate themselves to improving their health outcomes. This will intensive primary care relationship will reduce cost, improve health, and create employees that are satisfied with their healthcare.
3. Meridian Private Health members will have access to full health assessment to measure their risk
factors. Armed with this information they can truly partner with their new private physician to take these risk and health problems head on, this will intensive primary care relationship will reduce cost, improve health, and create employees that are satisfied with their healthcare.
4. Consumer-driven health plan (CDHP). That means setting up personal health accounts for employees
– either an HSA or HRA – as an offset to higher deductibles and co-insurance. Behavior immediately
changes, since plan members are spending their own money. Over-utilization disappears. Consumerism
appears. Meridian Private Health members have a choice to access discounted cash based fee schedule
for labs, xrays, and specialist. Also, members have access to health advocates and their own personal
doctor to help them better understand their options.
1John Torinus. The Company Who Solved Healthcare. 2004.
2 Conwell LJ, Cohen JW. Characteristics of people with high medical expenses in the U.S. civilian noninstitutionalized population, 2002. Statistical Brief #73. March 2005.
HOW THE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
Meridian Private Health allows employers to provide convenient, quality healthcare to their employees,
while decreasing the employer’s overall healthcare cost. Our on-site clinics are staffed by highly
trained medical practitioners who will become your company’s healthcare advocate. The on-site clinic
will be used daily for a variety of situation ranging from health assessments, treating illness and injury to health promotion and disease prevention.
• Reduce healthcare costs
• Increase employee morale
• Minimize days absent
• Increase employee retention
• Maintain productivity
• Create a customized program
Convenient and Modern Clinics
Meridian Private Health’s off-site and onsite clinics are customized to fit the needs of each employer to maximize convenience for both employees and their dependents (who typically make up over half of plan participation and cost). Elegantly efficient, our near-site and onsite clinics blend convenience with comfort and care.
Meridian Private Health physicians are compensated and evaluated based on their patients’ health, engagement, and satisfaction. This encourages the practice of accessible, proactive, evidence-based medicine that creates stronger physician-patient relationships.
Health Plan Integration
The Meridian Private Health is an agile, easily-integrated component to your company’s existing benefits plans. There is no need to redesign your benefit plan or wait for your annual enrollment period, and Meridian Private Health can be up and running in a few months. Our team of advocates and physicians will dramatically increase the employees’ access to primary care which will reduce
expensive ER and hospital visits.
Members will also have access to discounted labs, x-rays, and specialist care which promptly show cost savings. Meridian Private Health’s medical home is compatible with plan types deployed by self-insured employers, most of whom offer Meridian Private Health membership as a no-cost option for employees and dependents who want to participate.
YOUR EMPLOYEES WILL LOVE THE SERVICE!
• Eliminate co-pays and deductibles
• Wipe out time wasted in waiting rooms
• Diagnosis and treatment of conditions:
(diabetes, BP, asthma, allergies, etc.)
• Management of chronic conditions
• Smoking cessation and weight lost plans
• Prescriptions written on-site
• All services HIPPA compliant
• Strictly confidential and voluntary
• Quick and easy specialist referrals
MERIDIAN PRIVATE HEALTH CAN MAKE IT A REALITY TODAY.
Service you can trust, savings you can count.